Prof. Abdul Hai Alami
“Can compressed air energy storage (CAES) compete with battery storage? Challenges and opportunities”
Currently a Professor at the Sustainable and Renewable Energy Engineering Program at University of Sharjah (2012-present), Prof Alami has received his PhD from Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada in 2006. Since then, he has held the positions of Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the Hashemite University in Jordan (2006-2010) and Mechanical Engineering Faculty at the Higher Colleges of Technology, Al Ain (2010-2012).
The current area of interest of Prof Alami is the synthesis and analysis of materials used in third generation photovoltaic solar cells, solar thermal energy utilization and augmentation (selective solar absorbers, evaporative cooling of PV modules) and novel ways of mechanical energy storage (CAES, CGES and buoyancy force).
Abdul Hai Alami, Mechanical Energy Storage for Renewable and Sustainable Energy Resources, Springer International Publishing, ISSN: 2522-8714, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, March 2020. ISBN: Hardcover: 978-3-030-33787-2, eBook: 978-3-030-33788-9.
- Journal publications:
- Abdul Hai Alami, Ahmad Yasin, Rashid Alrashid, Shamma Alasad, Haya Aljaghoub, Ghaith Alabsi, Latifa Alketbi, Anfal Alkhzaimi, Ameera Alteneji and Siraj Shikhli, Experimental evaluation of compressed air energy storage as a potential replacement of electrochemical batteries, Journal of Energy Storage, Accepted July 2022.
- Abdul Hai Alami, Mohamad Ramadan, Mohammad Ali Abdelkareem, Jawaher Jamal Alghawi, Nouf Talib Alhattawi, Hamda Ahmad Mohamad and Abdul Ghani Olabi, Novel and practical photovoltaic applications, Thermal Science and Engineering Progress, Accepted January 2022.
- Abdul Hai Alami, Malek Kamal Hussien Rabaia, Enas Taha Sayed, Mohamad Ramadan, Mohammad Ali Abdelkareem, Shamma Alasad and Abdul Ghani Olabi, Management of potential challenges of PV technology proliferation, Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments, Volume 51, June 2022, 101942.
- Abdul Hai Alami, Abdullah Abu Hawili, Mohammad Issam Fadel, Feras Zwayyed, Tarek Barbarji and Mehdi Ghommem, Technical feasibility of a pneumatically driven vehicle, Science of the Total Environment, Volume 757, 25 February 2021.
- Abdul Hai Alami, Shamma Alasad, Mennatalah Ali and Maitha Alshamsi, Investigating algae for CO2 capture and accumulation and simultaneous production of biomass for biodiesel production, Science of the Total Environment, Volume 759, 10 March 2021, 143529
- Abdul Hai Alami, Abdullah Abu Hawili; Muhammad Tawalbeh; Rita Hasan; Lana Al Mahmoud; Sara Chibib; Anfal Alabdullah; Kamilia Aokal; Pawarin Rattanapanya, Materials and Logistics for Carbon Dioxide Capture, Storage and Utilization, Science of the Total Environment, 717, 137221 2020.
- Abdul Hai Alami, Bilal Rajab, Jehad Abed, Mohammad Faraj, Abdullah Abu Hawili and Hussain Alawadhi, Investigating various copper oxides-based counter electrodes for dye sensitized solar cell applications, Energy, 174 (2019) 526-533.
- Abdul Hai Alami, Abdullah Abu Hawili, Rita Hassan, Mohammed Al-Hemyari and Kamilia Aokal, Experimental study of carbon dioxide as working fluid in a closed-loop compressed gas energy storage system, Renewable Energy, Volume 134, April 2019, Pages 603-611.
- Book Chapter: Alami A.H., Aokal C., Alchadirchy M.J., Experimental and Numerical Investigations of a Compressed Air Energy Storage (CAES) System as a Wind Energy Storage Option. In: Aloui F., Dincer I. (eds) Exergy for A Better Environment and Improved Sustainability 2. Green Energy and Technology. Springer, Cham. (2018) pages 1147-1154.
- Abdul Hai Alami and Kamilia Aokal, Experiments on polymer welding via concentrated solar energy, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 92(9), 3715-3724.
- Abdul Hai Alami, Kamilia Aokal, Jehad Abed and Mohammad Alhemyari, Low pressure, modular compressed air energy storage (CAES) system for wind energy storage applications, Renewable Energy 106 (2017) 201-211.